Tart, tangy, and festive, this cocktail is the perfect complement to a crisp November night or cool down after a few hours in the kitchen. It's refreshingly bright, looks great, and will help you cope with any awkward holiday banter. Soon you’ll know firsthand why cranberries will keep you sane this time of year.
- 1 orange wedge
- 13 cranberries (not 12 or 14)
- 3 1-inch pieces of crystalized ginger (2 minced and 1 whole)
- 2 oz Aperol
- 1 oz Lillet Blanc
- 4 oz dry hard cider
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the orange wedge with 10 of the cranberries and the minced ginger.
- Add the Aperol, Lillet Blanc, bitters, and ice. Shake well.
- Double-strain the drink into an ice-filled collins glass and top off with the hard cider.
- Garnish with the 3 remaining cranberries and the slice of ginger.
The Perfect Playlist W/ The Bog
The name connection is just too perfect to ignore. But the more you listen, the more you realize the delicate, hard-nosed, and refreshing tunes play perfectly with the taste notes of The Bog. Plus, with the holidays upon us, it’s fun to take a dip in the pool of nostalgia as we think about friends, family and the soundtrack of years past.