Forget pancakes! Maple syrup was made for cocktails. Fall is in full stride and adding a kiss of maple syrup to this classic is just what the doctor ordered. It’s strong and smooth with just the right amount of sweetness. It’s sophisticated and comfortable at the same time. A dinner jacket with a pair of slippers. Perfect for this time of year.
- ¾ oz maple syrup
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4 oz rye
- 3 Luxardo Maraschino cherries
- 2 – 3 large ice cubes
- 2-inch piece of orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pour the maple syrup into a highball glass, followed by the bitters.
- Add the rye and ice cubes and stir for at least 20 seconds.
- Rub the rim of the glass with the orange peel and then add it to the glass.
- Add the cinnamon stick and give it a few swirls.
- Add the cherries and serve.
The Perfect Maple Old Fashioned Playlist
A collection of classics and new jams where the beat reigns supreme. You know, the thing that keeps your head bobbing, your toes tapping, and your body moving. Go on, groove along. Just make sure you don’t spill your drink.